11.12.2009 - Official Opening Ceremony

Slept peacefully for the first time after coming to Kanpur... thanks to Mittal for moving in with Aashish and Chuunn... and I got to stay in a single room :) for a day atleast. Well, the morning started on a tricky note... Anish called and told me that his train was late by like 8 hours or something!... I was too sleepy probably to register what he was saying...Chuunn on the other hand was not ready to accept that this was happening. He bluntly said, Anish game le raha hoga apni. Mazaak kar raha hoga.. we couldn't do much about it anyways, so proceeded for practice after breakfast. The girls were actually reading books when we got there... Mera infi giveup hua dekhke ... subah subah baddy hall pe novels leke baithe the!! Practice was usual affair, Mittal was getting used to his new shoes. Rest of us just did some normal stuff. There was also a mini photo session on the stairs... random pics kheeche... people looking in the camre, people not looking in the camera, Chuunn pose ...






After our practice, we made our back to the hostel...and had juice on the way....as we reached the gate of the hostel, I realized I didn't have the keys to our room! Aashish said something about finding a single key on the steps in the court. I was pretty sure that it wasn't the key I was looking for as my key had a kinda keychain to it. In any case, I had to go back to the court to look for the keys. Sharada and Nidi were kind enough to accompany me back.. without much fuss... Nidi had a resigned expression on her face all the while...our trip proved fruitless. The key we found didn't work on my lock and in the process I missed my lunch. Mittal was infi angry as his tracksuit was inside the locked room and we had marchpast soon. Eventually, he wore Chuunn's tracksuit and Chuunn wore someone else's. He was complaining for a while... "ye kitna chhota hai". So at 2, we made our way to the main ground for the marchpast...on the way.. Chuun realized that probably Anish was not joking when he said that his train was delayed... "Katega to uska hi na... koi lene nai jaega usko" ... so we were resigned to the fact that Anish wont be playing against Rajasthan in any case. We reached the ground and IIT Hyderabad struck!!! One of the girls from IITH team was awesome! Most of the people around the stadium were drooling over her ... We were one of the first ones from IITB to reach the ground... and after a long long time everyone else arrived. We took our position on the ground. There were 15 IITs ... and it was going to be a looong looong marchpast. luckily the weather wasnt that bad ... and we dint feel the heat. (I guess it was real bad in madras ... whr it was all sunny and sweaty) ... IIT Bhubaneshwar was standing in front of us. They seemed to have brought the team prepared only for the marchpast... they had a small group and the way the contingent leader shouted commands, it seemed that they wanted to maximize their points in marchpast .. lots of cracks wr made in IITB contingent about how IITBh knew they wouldnt score a single point elsewhere... We din't even have 90% of the contingent as required... (i think some of the hockey guys were late)... The inspector came and started inspecting each and every contingent ... we did decently there... it was awesome fun to watch IITD ... they wr probably least prepared for the marchpast... IITG was doing pretty well ... by the time inspectors reached IITG, I had lost interest to see how the others were doing... it took a loong time ... and finally the music started... Sharada was leading the pack ... (without any placard! :P) IITB ws first in the lineup and thus got to walk the shortest distance. All the teams finished the marchpast and were finally seated. IITB contingent had already broken into groups by then and people were chatting around. I went and found Rohan and was chit chatting with him... There was a Malkham display ... (some crack from Chuunn/Aashish on this.. cant exactly remember) ... I chatted with Rohan for a while.. and the opening ceremny finally ended.... as we proceeded to ShopC, I suddenly realized I dint have my mobile with me. It had fallen on the grass when I was sitting and luckily no one had taken it! We went to ShopC after the ceremny mainly to get water ... It soooo sucked at Kanpur. .. there was no limit!! We had to get bisleris... Aashish, Chuunn, nidhi, Sharada and I went to the ShopC ... we got water bottles, new diary and a new lock .. (we would eventually have to break open the lock to my door)... We then proceeded to the basky ground ... Unbelievable atmosphere... IITB v/s IITM (nt sure) ... heard some of the awesomest comments passed .... there were guys with the following names written on their T-shirts
1) SNS
2) AURO
3) (and probably the bes of the lot) RECEPTOR

Baggji shouted.. .. "sab electonic devices band kar do!!!!!" Amazing time ... we had to leave half way through the match ... had to go for practice... before that, had to break open the door ...!! It was here that Chuunn met one of his friends and his greeting was "eenh eeeenh"! (if anybody gets that! :P :P... I m sure Aashish remembers!!)
So, it was time for the Mission LOCK! There was still no clue to where the keys of the lock had disappeared and there ws only one option left. Earlier me and Aashish had already brought a new lock). Mittal tried attacking the lock with a stone from the side.... it went on for sometime till the lock was disfigured but hardly seemed to give way. I called up Malpani for his inputs on how to break open a lock ... and he din'd provide us any valuable insights.







Sharada was the one who finally found a rod .. without which the lock wouldnt have opened. The rod was positioned and 2 shots from Mittal and the door opened! I dont think we did anything much after that ... We to the cour for a while... then returned ...

Dinner on the 11th was Awesome! We were a little late .. I was having dinner in the mess for the first time ... We sang songs all the time ... starting of "Chuunn Chala.. Chuunn Chala" and "Sharada->Shredder->Cheddar) .... it was awesome ... we were the last team sitting on the mess table... and singing and singing and singing ... Teraaaa Hone Lagaaa Hooon ....... Hone Lagaaaa Hoooooon ....... Jab Se Mila Hooooon........... Teeeeeeeeeraaaaaaaaaaaa............ one of the best nights in inter IIT!

2 comments:

  1. Correction: Sharada->Shadra(courtsey Aashish)->Shredder->Cheddar :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arey Chuun cracked the joke about the mallakhamb thing...he said "Agar ye mallakhamb pe se gir gaye toh kya lagayenge??" --> MALLAM!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.