12/12/2008

We beat Kanpur!!!! And What a Game it was! Kunal played a cracker against Sidharth. Ended up losing 21-19 in the third game. I won against Praveen and then lost the doubles against sidharth and “chhota mota” player. Once again I was playing useless! Anish gave the scare of my life by losing a string of points against Tanmay(freshie from Kanpur). Sukhada had told us that he used to play in Pune with her and was a good player. From the day I had seen him playing, I got a feeling that he was a good player and seeing Anish trailing 11-3 just seemed to confirm my worst fears! Mittal was shouting like crazy on the phone. “WHY DID U HAVE TO CHANGE THE ORDER???? EK BAAR MUJHSE CONFIRM TO KAR LETE YAAR!!!” we had a huge debate about who would play the third singles against Kanpur the day before and Mittal was hell bent that I should play the third singles. Anish and Bizza on the other hand thought otherwise. I didn’t feel very comfortable playing the second singles but we had decided to go ahead with this scheme. When Anish won the first game 24-22, we all were relived and then Anish blasted Tanmay 21-8 in the second game. At this point we were sure of going through to the semis. But we couldn’t lose a match….and the second doubles started exactly in the way we didn’t want. Kunal was making too many mistakes and we actually ended up losing the first set. But we knew that their doubles was really no match for ours and we won the second and the third set peacefully. Phew….was a close call! But we had made it through to the SEMIS!

Bizza leaves. It was sad to drop him of at the main gate. After the time we had through the camp till day, it was almost a senti moment to drop him off. We were having soo much fun! Still he had to leave. He gave us a treat at CCD before going. I wanted to go to the station with him, but didn’t have my wallet with me nor my I card, so decided to ditch. The next day, girls were supposed to play against Kanpur the next day. There was a huge debate going on whether Coach would play or not and that spoiled the remaining day for all of us!

6 comments:

  1. The match against Kanpur was really nail-biting! Give up ho raha tha hamara dekhte dekhte..

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really was an awful ending to a happy day :-( and nobody had even told us that bizza was going to go back until that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ourselves found out very late that Bizza would be going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. abhey....har post mein mujhe kaisa villain dikhaya hai tune!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow sachchai bahaar aa hi jaati hai!! :P :P :P :P

    delhi match ke baare mein likha nai tha...kuch daal dunga.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.